Wineries

Baron zu Knyphausen

Rheingau

The Baron zu Knyphausen estate is one of the oldest Rheingau estates having been founded in 1141 by the Cistercian monks of the Abbey of Eberbach.

For over 650 years it remained under the ownership and administration of the Abbey, which was well known for its knowledge and quality in vine growing and for its cleverness to establish some of the finest vineyards in the world. Until secularization in 1803, the estate was in the possession of the Abbey of Eberbach.

- Extract from Baron zu Knyphausen's website

Vineyard from Germany Germany
1141