JL Wolf

Mosel-Saar-Ruwer

Founded in 1756, the J.L. Wolf estate was a very successful and highly regarded winery for more than two centuries. It entered an especially glamorous era with the construction of its Italianate estate house and villa in 1843. In the latter years of the 20th century, however, the estate languished, lacking a firm hand to guide its wine production. Ernst Loosen, of the Dr. Loosen estate, took over the vineyards in 1996, launching a dramatic turnaround in the estate’s quality and reputation.

The Villa Wolf label is used for a value-priced line of varietal wines that combine J.L. Wolf estate-grown fruit with grapes from contracted growers. These are exceptionally affordable, classic Pfalz wines from traditional varieties. - Extract from JL Wolf's website

Vineyard from Germany Germany
1756